The picture above is taken automatically from flickr.com, if there is something related to the picture please visit and contact flickr.com
Foundry mark on the iron lamp post, produced by Hardy & Padmore of Worcester, which was dedicated to Alfred Williams, a long serving councillor, and dates to at least 1914. With a nearby drinking fountain (see adjacent picture) it used to stand on the main road at Pontymoile, but with the redevelopment of the area in the 1990s, both were relegated to a space behind the street.
Hardy & Padmore of Worcester, operating from 1808-1969, were famous for their ornate street furniture. They produced the dolphin lamp posts on The Embankment in London.
Date: 2017-04-20 15:36:09